Does anyone watch “Doc Martin”?

Sarah Tee

I hadn’t watched it for a while because I felt it sometimes gets silly and over the top when it doesn’t need to. But the other night it came on and I was too tired to change the channel. And something occurred to me …

Doc Martin has a terrible bedside manner but he never ever dismisses anyone with a medical problem.

I know, it’s a tv show, and that’s how they write the script, with patients always having a certain disease and him working it out and saving the day. And that part isn’t realistic. But what’s *really* unrealistic about it is that he doesn’t just tell everyone that they have stress or anxiety or that it’s because they are old or young or middle aged or married or not married or have children or don’t have children etc. etc.

Made me cry 😞

5 hours ago, Sarah Tee said:

I hadn’t watched it for a while because I felt it sometimes gets silly and over the top when it doesn’t need to. But the other night it came on and I was too tired to change the channel. And something occurred to me …

Doc Martin has a terrible bedside manner but he never ever dismisses anyone with a medical problem.

I know, it’s a tv show, and that’s how they write the script, with patients always having a certain disease and him working it out and saving the day. And that part isn’t realistic. But what’s *really* unrealistic about it is that he doesn’t just tell everyone that they have stress or anxiety or that it’s because they are old or young or middle aged or married or not married or have children or don’t have children etc. etc.

Made me cry 😞

well here i will respond. not a very chatty site for sure. i watch this on PBS every weekend. love the show. kinda give me hope there is good providers out in the world yet.

@MikeO, I’m glad you like it too. Has the final season been broadcast over there? I haven’t kept track and am not sure if it has been on yet here in Australia. I believe it’s season 10. I must see if I can watch it.

I am a bit of a wuss and have to look away when they show his blood phobia and other mildly gory things!