Vaccines

Dawson

I also have not experienced any issues related to vaccines in 15 years. If anything it seems like I have less symptoms (sore arm) than my wife. Got my flu shot today, I’ll let you know how it goes. 

I did have a tb test  done  due to  sharing a hospital  room  with  someone who later turned out to have TB. Absolutely no problems and I managed to avoid getting  TB too.

No issues with any other  vaccination  either including meningitis, covid, flu and a few normally only given to children and immunosuppressed  people. 

I've had some significant flares from some COVID vaccines.  Not every time and it has been hard to sort out why the same vaccine leaves me bed bound for two weeks on one occasion and causes merely a mild rise in symptoms on another.  I have not had any problems with flu vaccines, just as a data point.  

Also--I got the new Novovax (non-mRNA) COVID booster last week and didn't even end up with a sore arm.  A complete breeze.

Hello, I received the new Covid vaccine and the influenza vaccine, at the same time, in Sep-2023 with no issues. However, in the past I have had problems after influenza vaccines and Covid vaccines which tend to linger for a few months but are never severe. PPD/TB-test has never been an issue for me and I've been tested often because of my occupation. I've also received Shingrix twice with no issues. Hepatitis vaccines and DPT have never been an issue.

The concerns with influenza vaccination is legitimate. However, I would rather deal with the fallout from the vaccine than risking serious complications of influenza infection. I might skip a year every so often, but never skip more than one year. 

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

My first vaccine in two plus decades was MRNa in April of 21, which I willingly took.  I was periodically and mildly symptomatic with 
"something" for a year prior to that.  By mid May 21 I was flat as a pancake.  I couldn't stay on my feet for five minutes.  Initial diagnosis was thought to be POTS.  A year later after chasing doctors and tests the final diagnosis is Adrenergic Orthostatic Hypotension.  I'm not taking any more vaccines.