Sensory Nerves

lschwartz408

Hi,

I have been suffering with an issue with the sensory nerves. They aren’t working, specifically, my lungs aren’t telling my brain to increase my respiratory rate when doing any physical exertion, or changes within the lungs. My pulse oxygen is always within normal range. I also feel like there is a blockage in my chest (and there isn’t through extensive testing). I think the sensory nerves are not working and that is what makes me “feel” like there is a blockage. In turn, this makes me feel like I am suffocating and I can’t breathe. The pressure makes me feel like someone is sitting on my chest. 
I have read online that this sensory nerve issue can be related to the vagus nerve damage. I can take a deep breath in, but I don’t have any “feeling” when I breathe out. It feels numb, and there is a cold sensation in my lungs. I would say it can be a cold, burning sensation, like I have inhaled menthol. It is a very disturbing and terrifying sensation. I do also have severe acid reflux (GERD) so I don’t know what is causing this feeling. 
please find a picture of where this unbearable pressure is located and provide me with your thoughts on what is located here and what this could possibly be. I don’t know why I have a cold, menthol type of feeling in this area. It won’t go away.

I need my sensory nerves to function again!

Thank you for the help! 

IMG_4186.jpeg

@lschwartz408 I have dysautonomia and also GERD. For a while the GERD was so bad that I had ulcers and inflammation of my esophagus ( called Barrett's disease ). At that time I also had shortness of breath and discomfort in exactly the area you have pointed out. In my case it was all related to the GERD. After receiving treatment ( medications and dietary changes ) the ulcers and inflammation healed and I now only take protonix to prevent the issues. The discomfort in the midsternal region went away. I wonder if it possibly could be related to GERD in your case as well. Have you had a EGD? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2023 at 9:00 PM, lschwartz408 said:

Thank you so much for your help! Did you also have the icy cold sensation in your lungs? Do you know what that might be related to? Did the pain and pressure in that area inhave circled finally go away? I have been taking famotidine and omezaprole. Thank you for your reply. 

Hello, its been a month, so hopefully you have found an answer or are feeling better.  I don't want to put out any incorrect ideas, but I just wanted to ask if you just recently started the stomach meds, or have you been taking them awhile?  The reason I ask is because I have been doing research on what are the easiest H2 blockers or PPI to take.  I have surprisingly come across people listing some odd side effects to these types of drugs.  I'm sure its not a side effect, but just wanted to throw it out there.  Hope you are doing better.