Potentially good news for Sjogren's sufferers.

MTRJ75

Rummaging through google during a recent sleepless and highly symptomatic night, I came across this Phase 2 study for dazodalibep being used for Sjogren's Syndrome. Results are encouraging and seemed to benefit even those who have been sick for a while. Could be a game changer. 

https://sjogrenssyndromenews.com/news/dazodalibep-clinical-trial-sjogrens-syndrome-meets-goal/

Oh, that’s great! I suspect my mum had Sjogren’s, so I have read a bit about it over the past couple of years. I don’t have any signs yet, but wouldn’t be surprised if it showed up when I hit my 60s.

I wonder whether this drug helps dysautonomia symptoms either directly or indirectly. I did see in one of Brent Goodman’s lectures an estimate of 50% of those with Sjogren’s having autonomic problems as well.

@MTRJ75, I hope you feel better soon and can get some sleep.

Thank you @Sarah Tee 

This was a couple of nights ago, so I'm almost back to my normal baseline now. I just didn't get around to posting it for a couple of days. 

I was thinking the same thing too about Dysautonomia, since it's now suspected that some of it may be autoimmune & the two (DYS & SS) are so closely related. There may even be some who don't realize they have SS. 

@MTRJ75, that’s good to hear. I find myself reading studies sometimes at night too.

I hope there will be big advances soon in knowledge of auto-immune/inflammatory conditions. The mysterious part seems to be that the antibodies detected (or not) in blood tests don’t necessarily correspond with the person being unwell.