STAT Device Webinar

MikeO

This is a very exciting technology. The founder of the company did a very good job explaining the relationship between blood pressure, heart rates and cerebral blood flow. learned more in one hour than i have in all my years of having to deal with my symptoms.

A good presentation. I hope this goes on the website, which is very light on information. Good to see all the docs they are working with.

However, I still wonder how people are going to afford this. Most of the people who would find it useful are going to be sick enough that they can’t work, or, even if they can work, find that they can only manage part time or have periods of unemployment with flares. Then there’s all the teenagers with POTS whose parents would have to pay.

Edited to add: I’m not saying this to imply that the company is overcharging. I’m worried that the product won’t find the customer base it needs to be a success, and I would really like it to be a success for the company and the customers.

7 hours ago, Sarah Tee said:

However, I still wonder how people are going to afford this. Most of the people who would find it useful are going to be sick enough that they can’t work, or, even if they can work, find that they can only manage part time or have periods of unemployment with flares. Then there’s all the teenagers with POTS whose parents would have to pay.

Edited to add: I’m not saying this to imply that the company is overcharging. I’m worried that the product won’t find the customer base it needs to be a success, and I would really like it to be a success for the company and the customers.

These concerns have come up on their VIP Facebook group and the STAT folks are aware that pricing could be a hurdle. They did elude the cost would come down over time and the $50.00 a month cost is not set in stone by any means.

Seeing the product only went public back in June and even is not ready for beta testing i am not going to worry too much about the cost as much as much as validating the product works as they intend it to.

There is also some chatter as to who in the Dysautonomia world the device will work for and that the term POTS seems to be concentric and at times misused in the Dys community. I don't have POTS but STAT did express interest in getting me into the first round beta test. They also acknowledged that there are a large group of folks with some sort of orthostatic issues. 

For now i will enjoy following STAT's journey.