Sushi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the extra info, folks.

Someone who purchases one in the US will be bound to go on holiday overseas and find out whether it still works, I guess.

Although that may not be the same as someone from Europe buying one in the US and having a European phone service provider and trying to sign into the app once they got home. For example, maybe the app would be blocked from the European Apple Store (or wherever people get apps these days).

If it were a stand-alone device (no app needed), like a blood pressure monitor, people would be able to use them overseas. Like supposing it had a basic information read-out that showed on the base station, or a unit like CGMs have that you wear on your belt or something and then download the info to your computer or phone.

Oh well, another company or Stat Health itself may make something like that one day.

It’s all very interedting and exciting. I think that measuring cerebral blood flow is going to be BIG in the next few years. It’s apparently gaining in popularity in intensive care settings.

17 hours ago, albertspa said:

@MikeO

Here's an update on whether you would be able to use it outside of the US, even if you were to have it shipped through a third party. It's kind of a vague response.

image.thumb.png.bb83b83c3eb9b144b13a4899c4fbbd30.png

The service requires a active internet connection as the app's core computing is done in the cloud so service can be a issue no matter where one lives.

I also get a feeling that one's data might be or end up being shared with other interested players. keep in mind these folks and the investors are doing this for money and not just out of the kindness of their hearts.

Well new email from STAT. My take is they are pushing for funding just can't capture the whole email thread. My Doc says does have reservations for good reasons.

I am sitting off to the side for now as nothing has been proven, cost for a wellness device is high and how does the product help me? i could see a preemptive alert that i am about to pass out but i doubt this is in the works (FDA stuff). I already know that if i drinks fluids and watch what i eat i do better. some folks are think this will show or cure there issues i am refraining from this. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I added this quote in my Doppler ultrasound thread, but thought I’d add it here too:

Cerebral blood flow (CBF) is the critical missing vital sign – poor CBF is the cause of common orthostatic symptoms such as dizziness and brain fog. My Dutch colleagues have measured this with ultrasound on over a thousand patients. However, it’s not easy to measure CBF, so most clinics approximate using secondary metrics of heart rate and blood pressure, which often mislead. Unfortunately, this frequently leads to the wrong conclusion that the symptoms are just psychological, when in fact, there are physiological abnormalities.

Dr Peter Rowe in Stat press release

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone who doesn't get this by email, instant cred for STAT?

Welcoming Dr. Satish Raj to STAT's Scientific Advisory Board!

Dr. Satish Raj has joined as a STAT Scientific Advisor!

Satish R Raj, MD, MSCI is a Cardiologist and founded the Calgary Autonomic Investigation & Management Clinic at University of Calgary. Previously, he spent 12 years at the Vanderbilt Autonomic Dysfunction Center in Nashville, TN, and was a past President of the American Autonomic Society. He is focused on understanding and treating POTS, VVS, and OH.

Now, Dr. Raj is excited about using STAT to ensure treatment of autonomic disorders goes beyond just heart rate and blood pressure, to prioritize blood flow to the head!

Dr. Satish Raj, expert on POTS and Dysautonomia

• 3 months later...

The latest newsletter has some info on release times later this year.

March 2024 newsletter

It also shows a couple of cerebral blood flow trend graphs. Boo hoo. It really brought it home to me how much I need this.

See the heading “Stat data snippet from Shivani”.

(My condition, like a few others, only shows up in cerebral blood flow. So right now I have nothing to measure, and neither does my doctor.)

image.png.69a4332fbd0660d0fc48a3b6b496c3ad.png

Here you can see the monitor being worn by someone with POTS. (Click to enlarge.) The green top line shows cerebral blood flow trend, and the bottom blue line shows heart rate. Not sure what the black dots stand for.

There are more graphs, with commentary, in the newsletter.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sarah Tee said:

I was wondering whether you can wear the ear device overnight …

The answer is yes, although I don’t think it’s required for data collection.

I suspect I would find it uncomfortable, but I’m sure it would be fine for most people.

I would have interested in seeing what my body does while sleeping. i don't think i would be inclined to wear it long term while in bed but in the short term it might have value.