Nerve damage

bamagirl

I know lots of you guys have posted that you have nerve damage. I was wondering, how did you find that out? I have had nerve conduction/emg studies and autonomic reflex testing and all were normal. I still have itching, burning in my arms and legs almost every day. Also, anyone have normal never testing and still have symptoms of nerve pain and if so, how do you deal with it on a regular basis. Thanks for your replies-

Hi Bamagirl,

I read your other post about tingling symptoms and swelling. I have the tingling also, and have the nerve damage you are talking about. I was diagnosed through symptoms, clinical exam, and EMG/nerve conduction studies. Just FYI, my first studies came back "normal." It took several years for my symptoms to show up as actual sensory nerve damage on the nerve conduction studies and even now the results fluctuate from test to test. It depends ALOT on the expertise of the person testing you. Also, nerve damage is not the only thing that can cause the tingling. Just inflammation and swelling can cause tingling and so can an allergic reaction. Check out the posting on Mast Cell Syndrome. What are your doctors saying about this? Hope you find some answers.

I had one set of nerve conduction tests when I was quite sick, and all came back normal, despite tingling, burning and other odd sensations.  I STILL get some tingling in my skin, but it is mild these days.

Hopefully your difficult symptoms will improve over time with treatment. 

Katherine

Thanks, Katherine- It seems as if the burning/tingling is more frequent than ever. What helps you guys with this painful symptom?

bamagirl