I Just Had A Scary Thing Happen

ChadK

Hey everyone ,

I have not been fealing good all night , I have felt like i could not breath right and when I just went to check my mail I felt like I almost passed out but my heart was not fast that I know of and I felt like my breathing was shallow but I did not pass out , as soon as I layed down my heart was beating hard but not fast and then I felt so much better. Does this happen to any of the rest of you and the reason I asked is because it scared me .

Recently, I've had breathing difficulties off and on. It is shallow, and I have no desire to inhale or exhale. Respiration can go down to 6. As I looked into the various dysautonomias, I came across two terms: Ondine's Curse and Cheyne Stokes. But I have no answers. However, last night I did post the question to the Forum regarding these two terms in hopes of getting some direction. I'm so sorry you're having these difficulties. I don't know if they are like mine, but I do know that any breathing irregularity is horrible. Hope you get some responses that help you.

I have had that happen many times. I have trouble breathing off and on. Your description sounds a lot like what happens with me. What I think they are for me is pre-synscope spells. If you go to the potsplace and look under neurocardiogenic or whatever it is NCsomething, it talks about them. I will lay down when I feel like that and it sends me into seizure like episodes complete with racing pounding heartbeats, in which I have called the ambulance 4 xs in the past :D . Inderal GREATLY helps reduce these for me and reduces the fear. I can only speculate and I am not sure but from what I understand, the adrenaline makes the muscles tighten up and therefore could explain the breathing trouble. Needless to say it used to scare me the death (they still would, but the beta blocker takes that away for me) :) . Hope that helps. Also, breathing is one thing that is under the ANS, so it makes sense in terms of POTS. JenniferTX