Exhausted from 4-6pm...like clockwork

persephone

Are you actually in the UK? I assumed you were in the states because you'd been to Vanderbilt? :P

Edit: hang on, just had a look at your profile...so you're a JYA at Lancaster! You'll have to come to the POTS meet I'm trying to organise down in Bristol/London.

also- have you declared the pots to the univ? if so, what have they done to help?

I get like that too, it's jsut like clockwork for the most part. I normally feel like i'm going to crash between 4-6p, sometimes it's earlier it just depends on what i'm doing. It's horrible sometimes cuase i feel like my body will shut down if i don't rest.

Pers, I don't eat dairy or wheat either--but didn't know about my issues with those things until about 10 years ago.

actually, rice krispies are NOT gluten free/wheat free. They have barley malt, which is a gluten no-no. Also, not safe, corn flakes-for the same reason, oat based cereals that also have any barley malt.

comercially available cereals that are safe: honeycombs, corn pops. Harder to find, but safe: Barbara's Puffin's--all of this line are safe. Certain oatmeals have flavorings that are not okay to eat for those who are intolerant of wheat and wheat gluten--to be safe, I buy the plain oats, and then add my own dried cherries, raisins, cranberries and blueberries. To see a listing of safe and unsafe foods for those with Ceoliac/Sprue (yet another DX i ahve acquired), see the following:

http://www.celiac.com/index.html

look around the site--there are printable lists of safe and unsafe foods.

I often buy from their "glutenfreemall"--that way I can get really tasty rice based pasta, flours, pre-made pizza dough, etc.

nina