Corlanor

Wanderland

Recently prescribed Corlanor 5mg, twice daily by my cardiologist. At first my insurance denied coverage, but my cardiologist did an appeal and I MIGHT get to start taking the medication this week!

My friend is a pharmacist, warned me about this medication's warning that pregnancy should be avoided and birth control should be used while on this medication. My husband and I are not considering pregnancy for at least another year.

Can anyone share their overall experience with this medication? Side effects, warnings, positive benefits???? Was anyone else given a warning about pregnancy by a pharmacist or doctor?

Any information and experiences are helpful! This is my first time on this type of medication so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be worth it!

I've been on Corlanor for years. It's MUCH better for reducing heart rate than beta blockers. I suspect that it reduces sleep quality a little, but that's the only side effect I'm aware of. I'm a guy, and I'm not aware of pregnancy issues. My insurance refused coverage for undisclosed reasons despite my heart doctor's very vocal insistence. They told him it was because it was because of "off label" use, but he says that virtually all of his prescriptions are technically off-label. I live in the US, so I order mine through a Canadian pharmacy.

• 4 months later...

Did you end up taking Corlanor afterall? I've been on the lowest dose(2.5mg) twice a day for about two months. It has been life changing for me and helps control my tachycardia. I've tried a lot of the typical POTS medications and haven't tolerated any of them. I was able to use the elliptical machine (up right cardio) at the gym for the fist time in 10 years! I was not told about the pregnancy warning because I'm already on low dose birth control for PCOS but it does mention it in the medication pamphlet. As far as side effects I haven't noticed any so far.