Appointment at GI Doctor

I went to my GI doctor appointment today, and ahhh he's ordered sooo many tests for me to go through. I'm not even going to tell you what all he ordered because I am still very confused myself. He knew a lot about POTS and such like my pediactric cardiologist said he would, and I'm thankful that he did too!

:) On top of this all, my parents are going through a VERY hard time, and possibly my mom, 11 year old brother and myself are going to be moving out. Last night my parents got in a huge fight and when my mom came back upstairs she was so upset, I've never seen her so upset in my entire life.

Please keep my family in your thoughts! :(

Hi Gwendoyn,

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through all those tests. Chrissy has also seen her share of GI Doc's. Drink the barium, don't drink the barium, drink a gallon of water, don't.... Hopefully your Dr. will find something to help. I remember going to all these different Dr.'s kinda hoping that they'd find something, but also relieved when they didn't! You're so lucky that at least he's familiar with POTS! Our GI had never heard of it (so what's new). Hope things go better with your family today. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti

gwen -

sorry to hear that you'll have to go through all the tests but glad to hear that your new doc is being thorough & that he's so familiar with POTS. that's great. hopefully the testing will bring some answers. many of us on the forum have been through lots of GI testing over the years so we can definitely relate in that regard.

i'm so sorry that things are so rough right now for you family wise. you're in a hard position & i will definitely keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

try to take care of yourself the best you can...

:) melissa

Gwendolyn,

It's so hard to have extreme family stress in the midst of illness. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for your parents. It's a tough thing to be the kid in the situation and not have any control over how things turn out. There are so many fears.."what if" this and "what if" that... I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Best of luck with the tests...i hope they give you a way to ease your symptoms.

Kristen

Gwendolyn,

I'm very sorry you're having a hard time. But glad that you seem to have found a real good doctor. It is so important that you have a doctor who understands this disease and is willing to do the testing.

I'm very sorry for you to hear about your parents. You never know what's best: having them together, fighting, or having them separated but feeling more happy. My parents divorced when I was 14 and I felt very bad about that. My dad left the house. My mom, my sister and I felt much happier being by ourselves and the only "fights" we had were about who was wearing whoms sweater :D . Unfortunately I don't see my father as often as I want because he's living in England. Don't forget: they're both still your parents and they both love YOU!

Best wishes for you Gwendoly and for your family!

Corina

No, I am not able to go to school. I have a tutor who comes to my house one hour three nights a week...just enough for me to be awake! Right now, my mom is fighting with the school district again so Im not being tutored as of right now. I can't drive until I go one year with out having a episode, black out etc. Honestly, I'm afraid to drive anyway so it's fine with me! lol.

Gwendolyn