Low body and skin temperature - thermoregulation

Ranga

Today, I woke up feeling nice and warm. Then when I went out for a walk, the cold wind hit me along with the sharp sun, and since then, my body has been struggling to get to balance, and I am either too cold (especially the shoulders) or too warm (in the core).  I find that my BP also goes up when this happens.

I just happened to check my Fitbit skin temperature, and noticed a drop in skin temperature today. And my body temperature (oral) was 96.1, while it's typically 97. 

Interestingly over the weekend, I was outdoors most of the day in colder weather, and my skin temperature went up, but apart from overheating a bit when in direct sun, I wasn't affected by the cold. 

Anyone have experience with tracking their skin/body temperature who can interpret what's going on?

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well my normal morning oral temp is 97.1. I have seen lower thermal skin (covid temp check) go into the 96's to upper 95's on a cold day. temps always go up once i become active. could be just a circulation thing.

Yes it definitely is a circulation thing, but what seems to happen when I cool down, is my abdomen/pelvis starts acting up - multiple BMs, multiple peeing episodes, etc.  

It takes a couple of hours to warm up enough, sometimes by warming my feet in warm water,  having something dense to eat to warm up the gut, before  I am able to lie down, but if I cover up my core, I overheat, so this can be all night process and I am just lying down and resting most of the time, and If I am lucky, I can fall asleep.  When REM sleep hits, my thermoregulation is off again, waking me up. 

The struggle is to retain body heat once it cools down, without overheating. It's a fine balancing act, and seems to get harder in cold weather.