Blood pressure completely changed over the last few months

For background: 40F I’ve been diagnosed with POTS for a long time, so unrelated to COVID (and haven’t had COVID that I’m aware of).

My blood pressure has always been pretty reliably around 110/80 sitting, 100/85 standing, for years. Particularly my diastolic pressure (bottom number) is super reliable. But for the last three months it’s completely changed. It now drifts somewhere between 65 and 73.

There’s nothing I can identify that’s changed (diet, salt, water, meds, life etc, blood test including iron is ok). And my machine has been confirmed accurate. I just saw my cardio who said the only thing he thinks it could be is the dysautonomia having changed. I know blood pressure moves around a bit anyway, but this isn’t that. It’s a long standing pattern. 

Anyone have any insight? I’m not concerned about it being lowish. I’m wondering if anyone has had a big permanent shift in the pattern of their Dysautonomia for no discernible reason. Over 20 years with POTS my standing heart rate has moved around between 120 and 160 for months or years at a time, with all the other symptoms associated worsening as well.

But I’ve never had my blood pressure jump onboard before. I’m not ‘worried’, more curious I suppose about the potential long term progression of Dysautonomia. I like knowing how I work 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, Elizaangelica said:

It now drifts somewhere between 65 and 73.

Hello @Elizaangelica! I am assuming you mean that your diastolic ( lower numbers ) dropped to 65 and 73? There is actually nothing wrong with that, these numbers are even better than the 80's range you had before. One important thing with POTS is not to get hung up on numbers but to concentrate on the SYMPTOMS as they relate to the numbers. For example I feel perfectly fine at a BP of 90/50 but become very symptomatic at anything over 120/80 ( my BP's can jump up really high ). 

I think our bodies change over time and so do the numbers, POTS or not. I am 55 and have seen fluctuations of numbers during certain times of my life. It could be due to hormonal changes, changes in our cardio-vascular system - a lot of things can do that. So - although I cannot give you an answer as to WHY the numbers have changed I can tell you that this is not an uncommon finding.