-

jillmae

@jillmae - it is POSSIBLE to recover from POTS. It is POSSIBLE to improve after ANY med is stopped or started. It is COMMON to have Ups and Downs with POTS, to have better periods and worse ones. Sometimes a good period can last days and sometimes years. And there are cases where people have recovered to a functional and even stable state after years of disability. The ANS is a tricky thing, and nothing is guaranteed. I have learned to enjoy any time of improvement, to nurture your body with gradual exercise and good nutrition, and to continue to avoid activities, stimuli or triggers that have worsened your symptoms in the past. Eventually you will see if you have truly improved or just had the fortunate experience of a "good spell". Best of Luck!

@jillmae it is not normal but it can happen. In most classic POTS cases the BP does not change significantly. It does for me - I have HPOTS and being upright sends my BP and HR soaring ( at least it did prior to finding the right meds ). 

• jillmae changed the title to -