Fludrocortisone question

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

This is going to sound odd, but, hey, that's our life, right? 

My pharmacy switched fludrocortisone manufacturers from Teva (yellow oval pill) to Amneal (white round pill). The Teva pill works. It is what I have been on for almost 15 years. This is the 2nd time I have gotten the Amneal generic. (Both are the generic for Florinef.) This Amneal doesn't work for me. It is like I'm not taking it at all. Have any of you noticed a difference in how effective your fludrocortisone is depending on the manufacturer? If I get the Teva pill, everything rights itself within 24 hours both times. When I start taking the Amneal after being on Teva for a while, it is a gradual drop, so the change isn't sudden.

This is so annoying. 

16 minutes ago, KiminOrlando said:

This is going to sound odd, but, hey, that's our life, right? 

My pharmacy switched fludrocortisone manufacturers from Teva (yellow oval pill) to Amneal (white round pill). The Teva pill works. It is what I have been on for almost 15 years. This is the 2nd time I have gotten the Amneal generic. (Both are the generic for Florinef.) This Amneal doesn't work for me. It is like I'm not taking it at all. Have any of you noticed a difference in how effective your fludrocortisone is depending on the manufacturer? If I get the Teva pill, everything rights itself within 24 hours both times. When I start taking the Amneal after being on Teva for a while, it is a gradual drop, so the change isn't sudden.

This is so annoying. 

Yes i have seen this with meds even my Dr's have pointed it out. Outside of the brand name ingredients being well controlled the generics have not. Even in my cardio classes folks have bitched about this. I do have two meds that i get from pharmacy at UWM just because of it. God i feel like throwing up!