Considering moving

Stacey615

Hi, I live in the midwest and the seasons is a roller coaster for my POTS. We are considering moving to FL (gulf side) but im worried about humidity and such. I've been there for a week in July and August, I did get tired more easily but that's all 🤷‍♀️ 

I would appreciate any ideas / thoughts.

Thanks 

I live in Florida and while the humidity can be excessive , I feel so much better at sea level than even if I visit North Georgia. It seems like there is a bit of a struggle finding physicians who are Dysautonomia literate but it probably depends on where in Florida. If anything I feel better in summer and worse in a Florida winter….

12 minutes ago, redpenny11 said:

I live in Florida and while the humidity can be excessive , I feel so much better at sea level than even if I visit North Georgia. It seems like there is a bit of a struggle finding physicians who are Dysautonomia literate but it probably depends on where in Florida. If anything I feel better in summer and worse in a Florida winter….

Thank you this is helpful.  I feel Similar, when it hot out I'm not miserable. I'm just tired 

5 hours ago, Stacey615 said:

We are considering moving to FL (gulf side) but im worried about humidity and such.

When I lived on the coast of the Florida panhandle, summer was indeed difficult. I had to adjust my wake sleep schedule so than I stayed up till about 3 a.m. in order to get some outdoor time when it was not so hot. Moonlight swims in the pool! During daylight hours I had to stay inside or, if I had to go out, use a frozen cooling vest. But, we all respond differently.