Hematologist

Ernie

Hi,

I went to the drugstore this week and the pharmacist told me that I should see an hematologist for my low blood volume.

Dr Grubb has prescribed me Procrit or Epogen 3 years ago but my PCP is afraid to deal with this medication. So I am not able to get it.

Do any of you have experience with an hematologist? What kind of tests to they do?

Ernie

Hi Steph,

Thanks for your quick and detailed answer.

My PCP does not want to deal with Procrit because he is afraid of the side effects and I think the price might also be influencing him. I will talk to him to get a referral for a hematologist because he has the prescription from Dr Grubb and he knows my medical file best.

This is the only med that influence blood volume/blood cells that I have not tried so I would like to see if it helps me.

My PCP does not have any initiative whatsoever to refer me anywhere. I have to do all the thinking and then I go back to him and almost plead my case.

Thanks for offering to share your Procrit but knowing how hard your fought to get it I think you deserve the full dosage.

I think my PCP is afraid of stroke because stroke runs in my family. When I see the hematologist I will discuss this issue with him.

Ernie

I don't know much about this, but I'm very interested. I have a paper of my cardio which says that my blood volume is relatively low circulating. Do any of you think it might be worth to investigate this further? When I asked my neuro he asked if I was able to drink, well I guess I don't need to explain what he meant . . .

I sometimes think (hope) that having IV's would help me, although it will be difficult to get them.

Corina

hi Steph,

thank you so much for offering me to send your paper! I'm very interested in reading and talk to my neuro about it. I'm seeing an endo in September so maybe we can do some bloodwork as well. As I really can't accept that this will be my life for another 40 years, I'm always looking for opportunities to get some of my life back!!!

So, if you want to send me your paper, I would love that. This is why I love this place so much: we care about eachother and try to help eachother as much as we can!!!!

Corina

Goodness Corina I'm not sure I can even say you're name hahaha! :blink:

So I suppose there's only one thing left to say--i'm glad i took a peek at the calendar yesterday to see what the date was, it left me with a very important piece of information!

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday Dear Corina

Happy Birthday to you! :blink:

sorry I don't know the words in dutch! :)

have a wonderful and POTS free day! I hope your boys and hubby treat you very nicely!

Take care

-Steph

happy birthday corina!!!

i noticed it was coming up last week but then lost track of time...

thanks steph for remembering!

i hope you had a wonderfully wonderful day corina!

:) melissa