An Example of Labile Blood Pressures?

MikeO

• MikeO changed the title to An Example of Labile Blood Pressures?
  • 2 weeks later...

Well just sharing my radical changes in blood pressure. To be honest i am starting to become a bit depressed over this. With the higher bp's comes the headaches and blurry vision.

I swear my body is fighting the low dose (2.5mg amlodipine). At times i feel like just giving up.

1855435791_restartedamlodipine.jpg.7b1bb58fb8bf38a08f285e8d5b9acd55.jpg

It's been 6 days since my PCP had me restart 2.5mg of Amlodipine. the low dose really had no real effect on lowering my BP's so per his recommendation if my blood pressure is high for the day i am to try taking an additional 2.5mg's. So i did try it and i went right back to having way too low bp's again (sigh).

I do go back in for a in office bp check in three weeks and fully expect to flunk my target numbers and i will be right back into the crossfire between the faint and fall clinic trying to keep upright and my Cardiologist and PCP looking to bring down the blood pressure number.

1265238821_restartedamlodipinetest.jpg.3ca5005b0b96cb798da1df7cfb17f0be.jpg

• 1 month later...

My BP's from my latest Hospital stay. Once my PCP looked at these his attitude went from being aggressive towards treating high blood pressures to staying the course.

171/99
161/96                                                                                      
151/80
131/83                                                                  
118/70                                                                      
136/69                                                                                
111/63                                                                                
121/60                                                                                
117/69                                                                            
119/67                                                                                
102/60                                                                                
115/69         
121/68                                                                                                                                            
121/65                                                                      
119/70    

This past week I have ranged from a standing BP of 82/60 in the morning to a sitting BP of 214/99 at 6pm in the evening.  In 2014 cardiologists had me on various blood pressure medications.  My Neurologist last year put me on Fludrocortisone every morning to help with nOH.   I use Hydralazine only as an emergency medication when my SBP is over 180.   I am now on Droxidopa for when my standing SBP is less than 100.   They are the only BP medications I am on, and only used for an emergency basis.  

These medications have worked very well but just recently seem to take longer to kick in.  

A month ago my husband took me to the ER.  My BP was 234/116 and my pulse was erratic.  I had taken Hydralazine 3 1/2 hours earlier but the BP continued to remain high.  The ER doctor gave me another Hydralazine and sent me home when my BP finally was less than 200, since I did not test for having a stroke.  The Hydralazine is taken every 8 hours and I realized, after being given the Hydralazine in the ER, that I could have done that at home.  

13 hours ago, Ancient Mariner said:

They are the only BP medications I am on, and only used for an emergency basis

I wish i could have a med in my tool box that was fast acting and short lived to deal with the high bp's when they occur. Often thought about a nitro patch.

What usually gets me is the low diastolic pressure and i am sure that this can not be targeted by any medications.