MIgraine medication

potsdo

• 3 weeks later...

I have not tried that one.  My daughter has vestibular migraines and her neuro had her try the Aimovig injection.  Don't try it (just throwing that out there in case it's ever recommended to you).  It gave her worse vertigo than she already had!  She uses Sumatriptan (Imitrex).  Benedryl can be helpful, too.

• 4 weeks later...

You might also ask your doctor about migraine diet. Without going overboard (because internet sources will take this to an extreme), this is a diet that limits tyramine and caffeine as well as some other chemicals that your brain uses. Tyramine occurs naturally in many foods and can incrase in concentration depending on how foods are prepared and age. I think the changes in my diet helped me with vestibular migraine more than medication did. Foods are a big trigger for a lot of people with vestibular migraine. Keeping a food journal can help figure out triggers.

A helpful source my doctor ponted me to was VEDA. It is a professional organization for vestibular disorders. They have a lot of information available online about vestibular migraine including a list of common triggers.