Vasoconstrictors cause urinary retention.

CallieAndToby

I need peripheral vasoconstriction but after a week or so I can't urinate and I'm just breaking off a tiny piece of the pill unless it's Extended release like myrbetriq. In the past when I was much healthier Myrbetriq when even administered in the morning would cause insomnia at night and I'm having bad insomnia and non restorative sleep atm. I also have a sinus infection and now they're saying it could be "viral" but it's been months of dealing with this. I'm very sensitive to medications and especially the dysautonomia meds, I've looked at websites and pretty much tried everything except for weird things like Procrit and just so many side effects. Also need help retaining fluid but I can't have fruity flavors, citric acid, or potassium as they flare and burn my bladder so trying to figure out how to retain fluid has been difficult and it becomes nauseating drinking salty water all of the time (have adverse neurological reaction to florinef). I like midrondine but it is the worst offender for urination difficulties/complications. I have IC and suspected bladder outlet obstruction. I wish myrbetriq would come in a lower dose than 25mg but it doesn't and it's extended release so can't be scored..... Things I've tolerated the best are: Certain beta blockers, antihistamines, Luvox, compression garments, saline iv infusions and ivig but currently I can't get the saline infusions or IVIG and the antihistamines mostly only affect the sinus areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that myrbetriq, midrodine, and mestinon also cause severe constipation for me. I am on the lowest dose myrbetriq and it's been days of constipation and I'm taking everything under the sun but these medications really affect my bladder and bowels and I'm not sure what to do. If anyone else has had this issue pls let me know. I'm already taking stool softeners, Mira lax, occasional fiber b/c stool gets way too soft, magnesium, stimulants seem to have no affect. 

2 hours ago, CallieAndToby said:

Just wanted to add that myrbetriq, midrodine, and mestinon also cause severe constipation for me.

Sorry to hear that Mestinon caused you to become constipated when i was taking it i had the opposite reaction but saying this drugs do affect people in different ways.

Back when i had my bypass surgery i became very constipated and had tried every off the shelf product with no success so, tried Grandma's remedy (good old fashioned prune juice) and it worked!

I hope you find something that works for you soon. Hang in there!

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Sorry to hear that Mestinon caused you to become constipated when i was taking it i had the opposite reaction but saying this drugs do affect people in different ways.

Back when i had my bypass surgery i became very constipated and had tried every off the shelf product with no success so, tried Grandma's remedy (good old fashioned prune juice) and it worked!

I hope you find something that works for you soon. Hang in there!

thanks, my mom did buy me prunes but it hasn't worked yet

I've been reading up about how patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis have a lot of trouble with GI motility. It's been an issue with me for a long time, even when I was able to hike for 2-3 hours several days a week I still had horrible constipation, I've seen many GI doctors with no real answers. My PCP has referred me to the undiagnosed disease program so just hoping I can get in.