What dysautonomia medications can be taken at night to calm down adrenaline for sleep?

On 2/8/2024 at 1:26 PM, Sushi said:

Funny though, a bit of texting doesn’t bother me much. Something about talking…

Same.  It is very mysterious at times....what activates the SNS and what doesn't or does less so.....

On 2/8/2024 at 1:26 PM, Sushi said:

Tell me about that. I have seen the ADs but have been sceptical as so few things actually have a positive effect on sleep for me. How does it work and how expensive is it.

First of all, the Apollo would NEVER put me to sleep on its own.  But it is one of the things I use every night to get to sleep, and it is the most helpful when I wake up and can't go back to sleep (at least twice and often more often, most nights).  It uses a range of sound waves which create vibrations to stimulate different states.  I have only taken advantage of a few of these programs--sleep, relaxation (I use this one for a half hour BEFORE I want to go to sleep), recover (which does help bring down my heart rate a bit when I am too ramped up) and energize (they say--when you need an espresso).  My daughter uses it all the time for focus (I suppose I could use some help with that these days as well😛).

It is a wearable, obviously.  I wear it on my ankle at night.  On my wrist, I can hear the sound (it is VERY minimal, but when I put my wrist under my head, I can hear something) which doesn't help me sleep.

It is expensive.  My sister and I have a joke about ALL the devices out there that are priced at $350.  Someone did a focus group and decided that the desperate amongst us would go that high, I fear.  Anyway--it runs about that much, though they do have sales a couple times a year when it is $300.  The good thing is that there is a full refund guaranteed up to 30 days, so if it doesn't do it for you, you are only out the postage to return it.  

Someone on Phoenix Rising was intrigued but didn't have the money for it so she rigged up a substitute using some cloth and a cheap vibrator!  She found it really lessened her pain, though there was no good way to strap it on.  There is something to it. I don't know if it will work for you, but it is one of those things I'd be kind of lost without.

I've had it for two years and used it every night.  Still going strong.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic