Sinking feeling

tracy

As I sat down to go on the computer, I had a sinking feeling in my chest. It just felt like the my whole chest inside sank. Now I have a weird feeling in my right arm. Can't type with my right arm. I am starting to feel sick to my stomach. I don't understand. I was just telling Jason(my husband) that tomorrow I'm going to call Dr. Fouad because my legs hurt all the time and I just feel crappy. It doesn't seem like my meds are working anymore. I am getting out of breath and having dizzy spells and I am getting back to where I was before my meds.

Just wondering about the chest. :)

Well, I will be calling the doctor in about 1/2 hour this morning. My arm still doesn't feel just right. I put in my post about the wheel chair, is I am just starting to feel worse and worse, I have more and different systoms then before I was diang. Probably will have to make another trip to Cleveland, but hopefully something can be done.

Steph,

I posted somewhere before, but can't remember where so here goes.

I few times before I have had severe chest and back pains to the point of laying in a fetal position and could not move and was gasping for air. The first two times this happened, they told me it was my gallbladder and after having my third child they took my gallbladder out. I have had this same thing happen afterwards, so I am not so sure it was my gallbladder, they did tell me that my gallbladder was filled with stones, so it was good they took it out, but I'm not convinced. This pain I had is something different than that, but I am just having all kinds of things happening these last few days. So will be calling the doctor. Thanks for the replies guys :)

Sorry wanted to touch on the other few things you said, yes I have been trying to do some excerise, and also trying to get alot of sleep. I have been trying to do a few other things, but I just seem like getting worse. Trying to keep a positive outlook, but hard when I just get worse :)

Thank you Steph for you encouragment.

:)

I really feel for you because you have children as I do and it makes it so hard. I do have those sinking chest feelings. It is hard to describe as they just feel like it just caves in. They greatly disturb me. I have had them at my worst times. I also get the arm going to sleep thing. I have had this happen while on the computer. In fact, we moved the computer to a bed so I can lay down and use it, as it seemed to be triggering the symptoms. I think it was my arm-holding it up was tensing up something in my neck while I used the computer. I do find that putting an ice pack on my neck helps a lot, try it, you have nothing to loose, and it is on one of tthe things that helps on the potsplace website. I hate that sinking chest feeling and will ask the doctor about that when I go Fri. Do you ever get Sleep apnea? The most common time I get this is when starting to dose off, but it has happened at other times. Hope things are better. I have also had the heavy legs too. Compressiion hose really does help. JenniferTX

tracy

I agree that it is a good practice to contact your doctor about new symptoms. Unfortunately with POTS, symptoms wax and wane AND there are so many symptoms associated with POTS, -- you can start getting a new symptom you have not had before that is actually related to POTS. Some people on this forum talk about the "three-day rule"--giving a new symptom three days to see if it goes away as mysteriously as it came on, before pursuing help. HOWEVER, anything involving your chest or any uncomfortable or new symptom is generally best to have checked by a doctor.

I also get heavy feelings in my chest--I have for years. It's like a feeling of pressure sometimes, other times like there is glue in my chest--the only way I can describe the sensation. I can go for months and months without it and just when I have forgotten about it, it comes on for a few days--then goes again. I have seen this symptom listed as a POTS symptom.

What meds are you on? Are you keeping up with salt and fluids? Do you have any exercise regime?

take care, Katherine

Thank you Jennifer, Katherine and all:)

I am right now taking Lappressor 1/4 tablet twice a day and Levsin twice a day.

I eat as much salt as I can take in and drink 99% of the time gatorade or powerade. I also wear compression hose from getting out of the shower upon waking, to the time I lay down to go to bed. I advoid caffine, like pop and eat no chocolate :P that broke my heart, but if it helps i'll do it.

The three day rule sounds good, but as for my legs they have been getting worse for about 2 weeks. I thought it might have been from my cycle, all my pain was really bad for about 4 days, 2 days before it started and then the first two days of it. I thought maybe my leg pain would get better after it, but it has only gotten worse.

I do some excercise while laying down with my legs. Not as much as before Pots, but still some. With taking care of the kids 24/7 I get alot with just dailly taking care of them.

I do have a call in to the doctor, but of course they haven't called back yet. Big surprise, right?lol I plan on telling them everything once they call back. I'm not sure if I will have to go back in, but hey if it helps I'll do whatever to fell better.

Hope you all are having a good day :P

Tracy

Traci

How are you doing and what did your doctor do or tell you?

It's so odd that you posted this question about your sinking chest sensation only b/c I was having the same symptom the day you posted it, and I am still having it off and on several days later. I have had this symptom in the past, but I really do not remember it being this relentless--although perhaps it was.

I am also going to be contacting my doctor about it, if it isn't better tomorrow, since usually my symptoms are mild and if I get any relapse symptoms they are gone within several days. I am pretty sure it is "just POTS", but since I have passed the 3-day "test", I want to make sure something else isn't going on!

Hope you are doing ok!

Katherine

Guest 12StringANSGuitar

Tracy,

In my thread on the 'vagal nerve', I describe some symptoms I've had for years, and one in paticular(the ground moving up feeling, feeling of an earthquake in my body..especially in my head, vision disrupted for a mili-second, and then I will go down to my knee sometimes).

I think the 'sink feeling' is what I get, right at the point where I feel my vision is being affected(like a blackness or lights out). Its weird, I can't think if this occurs at the moment of the quake feeling(and ground feels like it bounces me), or before, or afterward.

Next time I get it, I'll try to pin it down more.

I do know that all this is on days when I am 'Brady', and also am having trouble with bathroom issues. So I guess I think its the Vagal thing(for myself at least).

Katherine,

I did get to my doctor( or really the nurse), she didn't have much to say about the sinking feeling. She did call in a rx for florinf(?spelling) about how my legs were feeling around my menstrul cycle, but they only put me on the med for 7 days, right before it starts. I am to take 1 tablet for the first 2 days, then 1/2 tablet for the 5 days before it starts.

I was disappointed in lack of responce about the chest pains, but we will see how next month goes.

Let me know if and what your doctor says please.

Hope you are feeling better.

And to 12StringANSGuitar, let me know how you are feeling and what you discover when you have one again. Hopefully you don't have another.

Hope you all are feeling good today :)

Tracy

Hi Tracy!

I was just wondering if I understood your post right.....that the Dr. is putting you on Florinef prior to your period?

Did they tell you what they expected the medication to do for you?

I'm a little confused about that one because most of us (although certainly not all of us) tend to retain fluid and salt pre-menstrually anyway. So the Florinef would make you retain more which may or may not make you feel better but I don't understand how they correlate that to the leg pain.

As for your chest pain and the sinking feeling; I can relate but I've not found any good answers for myself on that one. Sometimes, in my case, it seems like there is a deep muscle spasm somewhere in my esophagus or lung area. A friend of mine is a massage therapist and she told me that ice is best for involuntary muscles so sometimes I will put a bag of ice on my chest or back and I sometimes get some relief. Maybe it's something you could try? It wouldn't hurt you but it might help.

Hope you're feeling better with each day.

Poohbear,

Yes you understood me correctly, the Dr. is putting me on it for a week before my period. She said about retaining salt, and something about it helping with making my veins bigger(?) to get my blood flow easier while my period.

I am not real sure though. I guess I'll try it for a month or so and see if it does help. Right now, I'd try just about anything.

As in for earlier posts, it was said about the Cleveland Clinic as great for diangosed, but it wasn't to good for followup. Well, I agree, it did take them a couple of days to get back with me, and while I'm on the phone with them, it seems to me, like they act like I am wasting their time. It is always a rush on the phone.

Yes, it was terrible feeling, but also my right arm, still does not feel just right, but they didn't seem to concerned about that. I guess if it doesn't get any better, then when I take my son to see the doctor(family) I will ask him about it.

hope everyone is having a good day