Has anyone been diagnosed with an CSF Leak and if so, what were your symptoms?

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious to hear from those of you who had an CSF leak diagnosed - or even if you suspect one as that could be helpful. What were/are your symptoms? When I look into it, the main 'thing' is postural headaches. Was this what you endured? I used to have migraines but they vanished. I don't feel any different sitting up (except the heart issue). Today my left ear feels blocked but it hasn't been like that in well over a month. I have a stuffy runny nose in the mornings but not the rest of the day. I've had only two days of Tinnitis since this nightmare started. Obviously I have POTS (which is why I'm on this forum), but it strikes me that people with CSF leaks also have the tell-tale headaches that accompany the POTS. As people are so unique in their symptoms, I think a forum such as this would offer more insight into how the general public reacts and is likely a more useful source of 'what to look for'. Thanks!

We had a forum member from the UK (I believe) who was a physician. She suspected early on after her POTS-like symptoms began that it was a CSF leak. She definitely had convincing symptoms to indicate a CSF leak, including the tell tale postural headache. Even so, it seems like it took her a long time to finally get the proper help.  Her moniker was bombshell. IDK if she's still on this forum but if you enter bombshell as a search word, you can probably access her posts. She was very informative.