Autonomic return after many years or something else?

angelloz

I am 62 years old and with salt and fluid loading have had very few issues for the last five years...then started having nausea, breathing issues, a slight dry cough. One night I had arm and shoulder and chest pain and went to the ER. Heart EKG ,Troponin, looked good. Had a nuclear stress test to be certain heart is OK. That was fine. Now I am home, can't stand for long without chest, arm, back pain, breathing labored, some nausea. Feel awful. The first time around I had similar issues but no pain. I am going back to the cardiologist but wondered if anyone else had any type of " heart related " pain that comes and goes. Thanks in advance.

yes @angelloz - I have chest pain and shortness of breath frequently. # years ago I had a heart cath for this and they found out I have Prinzmetal angina - the coronary blood vessels spasm and constrict, causing the symptoms. I am on a calcium channel blocker for it ( also on beta blocker and other POTS meds ), and the calcium channel blocker seems to help. I too have been to ER often for the chest pain and shortness of breath with pain radiating up my neck and down my arm. I also take nitroglycerin pills for the pain, they help temporarily but make me faint. 

Chest pain and shortness of breath are quite common in POTS, usually caused by altered circulation to heart and lungs. But we should always check into ER if it feels different or worse. 

Also - have you been checked for COVID?