Heart thumping at night Adrenaline Rush?

Chuske

After doing well for months ive had a big setback and pretty much bedbound again. Been getting very scary episodes at night of heart going fast and thumping suddenly in the middle of sleep. GP came out and did basic tests and thinks just all in my head. Had a lot of tests last year for similar incl 7 day holter that ruled out svts.  

Seems until I get well enough to get out hard to get anymore help particularly with pandemic on.

I wondered if these events are autonomic adrenaline rushes.  I get shaking and involuntary leg contractions as it wears off and then get another rush can keep cycling like this for hours wrecking my sleep. Also feel hot at the start of a rush.  HR cycles up and down between 75 and 125.

Pretty much no medical help and don't know what to do. Slow breathing doesn't seem to help but drinking water can help a bit. No idea what to do. Any tips?

Well I have been having some of this too. I too drink water deep breathe and try to lay so I don't hear the pounding. I think mine may be heart related. I am 62 and having new issues. Having some tests done. I had this at times too when I was younger and only had autonomic dysfunction so don't over worry. Hang in there!

@Chuske - it sounds like you are in bad flare. What you describe happens to me as well, and not only at night, when I flare. If you remain on bedrest it might get worse. I have to rest a lot but force myself to get up every 30 minutes and also do leg and abdominal strengthening exercises while in bed, this helps to prevent deconditioning while bad. Eventually we get better and can start to slowly get back to normal. --- What helps me with the fat and strong heart beats ( or thumping ) is to increase my beta blocker ( Carvelidol ). Once I feel better I usually can get back down with the dosage. Also - I take seizures when I gt bad like that and they are prevented by IV fluids ( I know that you unfortunately can't get them in the UK, so try to fluid and salt load ). 

Hang in there, these flares are always scary and disheartenig, but they eventually always improve!!!!

Thanks @Pistol and @angelloz I'm doing a bit better as had a night with only minor short lived surges.

In terms of the standing regularly did you do it all day until ready to sleep? My energy and light headedness gets worse as day goes on so becomes more challenging. 

I'm finding massages really help a lot with everything.

Thanks for the msgs of support, I am hanging in there, fingers crossed I can get more nights without surges build back out of bedbound to my yoga mat.