Small Airway Disease

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

Does anyone have Small Airway Disease? Is this part of dysautonomia? Is this part of my autoimmune issue? Do other people with that nebulous autoimmune diagnosis attributed to dysautonomia have this? 

I tried a search on here but I couldn't find anything and kept getting timed out.

Thx.

I believe asthma is classed as small airway disease due to the inflammation of the small airways . I do find breathing problems are worse when in a flare , also I get tight chested when I lay down which is accompanied by hot flushes every night . 
it is thought to be autoimmune and that’s supported by the response to immunosuppressive drugs . I have had asthma all my life but pretty well controlled . 
not sure that answers your question though ! 

Guest KiminOrlando

What is strange is that they don't call it asthma. They do some kind of test during a PFT where they try to bring on an asthma attach and it doesn't happen. I don't understand the difference. I was curious if there was an autonomic system trigger or if there was an autoimmune trigger that was independent of whatever triggers asthma. It doesn't seem like this is happening to others.

I believe some auto immune connective tissue disease like lupus rheumatoid arthritis have respiratory problems where the immune system causes inflammation 

Asthma often induce by allergens and involves mast cells and cytokines. 

thats what I understand but I may not be right !