fludrocortison

Chiara

Hello,

I have normally a very high bloodpressure, but I am hypovolaemic so my doctor described me fludrocortison first 0,05mg, after 3 days 0,1mg. It gaves me so strong muscle weakness, brainfog, visual problems, high bloodpressure,... so that I had much more worsen symptoms than before. I was dizzy the whole day and couldn`t go or do anything, only lay in bed with a dark scarf on my eyes.  I took it for 11 days. Afterwards my bloodpressure goes up and down. Did anybody get this after fludrocortison?

Dear @Chiara the following article mentions muscle weakness as a potential side effect of Fludrocortisone, but it states that it often goes away after taking it for a few weeks. It states it s very effective for fatigue and orthostatic intolerance in CFS patients. 

https://www.healthrising.org/treating-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/drugs/florinef-fludrocortisone-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/#:~:text=Fludrocortisone’s ability to decrease HPA activity (ACTH and,with low blood volume%2C orthostatic intolerance and POTS.

I also found this older post about this, it may be of interest to you.