Pre-Sleep Hydration Strategies

Chuske

One of my issues is being awakened in the night by thirst. I'm trying to find the right strategy to hydrate enough before sleep while not having too much fluid in stomach as it seems to empty slowly when a lot of fluid in it. 

I'm using concentrated balanced electrolytes solution which I dilute in water to strength suggested on the bottle.  

What do you guys do?

I used to eat a salty snack before bed and keep a big glass of water at my bedside. I now get weekly IV fluids and no longer need to get up at night, but before the IV's I would get up several times a night - both to drink and to pee!!!!!!!!!!

@Chuske - I never really had a set amount, I would simply eat salty snacks ( olives, pickles, added table salt etc ) during the day and drink as much as I could. I would try to drink at least 8 - 16 oz ( 1 or 2 glasses ) of liquid each hour ( although this is difficult, since I do not usually feel thirst ). It was never enough - somehow I always peed out more than I took in ( in my case dysautonomia affects the bladder and I urinate too much ).