Looking for new doctors in Madison, Wisconsin

My husband was let go of his job in October. He had been there for over 29 years and we had been on the same insurance that entire time. Thankfully, he got a new job but we had to move to the Madison area. With new insurance, I now have to give up my neurologist for Botox treatment for migraines and my cardiologist. (She actually left the area I had been living in so I would've been searching for a new doctor anyways.)

I have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia and Chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm looking for a neurologist as well as a doctor who can treat me for my autonomic illness. I also had a doctor who treated my CFS but not sure yet if I can continue to see him or not.

Anyone in the Madison, Wisconsin area with any recommendations? 

Thanks and it's been a long time since I've been on here so it's nice to be back!

Brenda

I was told by UW Health that there are no neurologists who will treat POTS patients. However, my primary in Sun Prairie seems to have a decent understanding of hyper POTS. I am usually pretty functional, though, so I don't know how much help she'd be if things hit the fan, but she's willing to help and that's more than I've gotten from neurology.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, bkweavers said:

My husband was let go of his job in October. He had been there for over 29 years and we had been on the same insurance that entire time. Thankfully, he got a new job but we had to move to the Madison area. With new insurance, I now have to give up my neurologist for Botox treatment for migraines and my cardiologist. (She actually left the area I had been living in so I would've been searching for a new doctor anyways.)

I have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia and Chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm looking for a neurologist as well as a doctor who can treat me for my autonomic illness. I also had a doctor who treated my CFS but not sure yet if I can continue to see him or not.

Anyone in the Madison, Wisconsin area with any recommendations? 

Thanks and it's been a long time since I've been on here so it's nice to be back!

Brenda

Hi, have you contacted Dr. Rose Dotson at Aurora?  I was going to go to her before I found my Neuro in Cleveland.  She has great reviews.

12 hours ago, KaciCrochets said:

I was told by UW Health that there are no neurologists who will treat POTS patients. However, my primary in Sun Prairie seems to have a decent understanding of hyper POTS. I am usually pretty functional, though, so I don't know how much help she'd be if things hit the fan, but she's willing to help and that's more than I've gotten from neurology.

Hi do you mind sharing what meds work for you?  I know everyone is different but I have hyper POTS and I’m still looking for meds that work.  I’m on Metoprolol and it’s just ok.  

Dr Dotson is indeed wonderful but a couple of hours away from Madison and likely not in a network covered in that geographic area if someone has a PPO or similar health insurance. 

@Potsfighter374 most of us with hyper POTS take an alpha blocker in addition to a beta blacker like metoprolol. You can ask your Dr about them. Those typically used are clonidine, methyldopa and a few of us take guanfacine. Like most meds it’s trial and error for everyone.

23 hours ago, KaciCrochets said:

@Potsfighter374 I take 25 mg of hydroxyzine before bed if I start having adrenaline rushes while trying to sleep. Otherwise I don't take meds at all. I do have supplements that I take, and if anything messes with those I get really out of balance. 

Thank you for sharing!  Interestingly enough, my doctor wants me to try Hydroxyzine next.