Mulling something over my doctor said today

Guest Julia59

Emily---your post actually helped me a bit.

AS you know all too well----I also have the cerival spine stenosis. This has been confirmed even by the Docs who blew me off. Dr. Heffez and Dr. Bolognese were a lot more serious about it, but the other docs blew the stenosis off even though they admitted I have it.

Unfortunately I also have a small posterior fossa/chiari 0 and additional pressure from the prominant right vertabral artery---or is it left-------- B), So basically I have stenosis from my c-spine all the way through my brain stem.

If in fact my EDS is the correct diagnosis----that would be a very bad mix----EDS and stenosis. Dr. Heffez said I had slippage on extension of my neck-----which could be related to the EDS. It's a bad mix because too much movement + stenosis could be dangerous for the already compressed spine. The instability from the EDS only magnifies the compression when my neck is moved in various positions.

Ugg----I can't imagine surgery with all of this going on. A laminectmoy is a BIG DEAL surgery-----In my current state of health---i'm wondering how well I would do under anesthesia------- :) There has been no surgery date set yet. I still have to find a good neurologist--------------------. Do you think if I send in enough box tops from captain crunch they will find me a good one this time?-------- ;)

Julie :0)