Laying flat on back = dizziness?

bunny

I'm just curious if anyone else gets dizzy if they lay flat on their back? 

I know dentist chairs in certain positions will get me very dizzy and DEXA scans can as well when they won't let me use a pillow.   I have both a Dental appointment and DEXA scan next week which reminded me of this topic. 

Likewise, I normally sleep on my side as it just doesn't feel comfortable for me to be on my back. 

Is your neck comepletely flat to the surface when you lay on your back? If I lay like that I don't get dizzy I just feel really uncomfortable. My neck and torso usually have to be propped up a little bit to feel somewhat okay. I change positions throughout the day because sometimes I feel better on my back or side while other times I don't. I'm always fidgeting around to see which positions will make me feel somewhat normal.

When I lay flat, there's a good 2-2.5" between my neck and whatever I'm laying on, with only the occiput of my head & shoulders carrying weight.  If I'm propped up a bit, I do feel more comfortable, although I'll always flip over to one side, even if just reclining.