Salt tablets

Salma O

I no longer salt load as such, as I personally found it unpleasant & ineffective plus it suppresses the renin-aldosterone axis long term, however I do use Trioral rehydration sachets which contain a decent amount of salt compared to other hydration drinks and are reasonably priced. One sachet makes up a litre, & it contains balanced electrolytes including potassium. If you don't like the taste it can be flavoured with a bit of fruit juice, diluting juice or other flavouring. 

I definitely could not stomach salt tablets (& I can usually eat anything as I am on omeprazole), but have no problems drinking Trioral. 

B xxx

I add more Himalayan pink salt to my daily rehydration mix and it doesn’t bother me. I wasn’t sure that salt was helping me until a cardiologist told me to go on a low salt diet (for a condition that would normally be appropriate for. ) It was a disaster and he agreed that I should continue with an extra salt diet.

I really like SaltStick lemon-lime Fastchews for on the go. I make sure I always have some with me. I'm always nauseous, but I don't think they make it any worse.

I also just started drinking Drip Drop ORS in place of G2 Gatorade for extra hydration. I mix it in a bottle of water instead of a cup because they are pretty strong otherwise.