Carbidopa?

Outaker

Guest KiminOrlando

I think it is a dopamine inhibitor. Hope someone with actual knowledge speaks up though. This sounds interesting.

Does it smooth it out so it inhibits spikes or just supress it? 

Sounds like the opposite of Droxydopa (Northera).

Is he using it as an off lable? Did your insurance approve it?

Thanks @Outaker How is it going?  I was surprised that you are on both Tenex and Cardiodopa.  I think I am missing something?  Is the peripheral action against dopamine or some other catecholamine than norepinephrine (which the Tenex should hit?)?  Please let us know how it helps or not.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, p8d said:

Thanks @Outaker How is it going?  I was surprised that you are on both Tenex and Cardiodopa.  I think I am missing something?  Is the peripheral action against dopamine or some other catecholamine than norepinephrine (which the Tenex should hit?)?  Please let us know how it helps or not.  Thanks.

Tenex is Guanfacine which Is an Alpha 2 Agonist like clonidine. Carbidopa is a Parkinsons drug but it has been found to block perpipheral dopamine levels which prevents conversion to norepinephrine so in essence it lowers norepi in tissues not the brain. losartan is angiotesin 2 blocker. 

• 3 months later...

My son has hyper pots and is starting to see improvement since being prescribed Carbidopa. It took seven months to notice a difference, but it has finally kicked in. His recovery time has been shortened and he is actually been able to leave our house for a short period of time. He is still unable to read or concentrate for more than 15 minutes, and unfortunately that did not improve.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...