Need Tips For BP spikes

Last night, I had an alarming spike in BP, and no matter what I did, it kept climbing.  Usually I have lightly salted water, and/or soak my feet in water with Epsom salts; this used to work with irregular heartbeat episodes.  It went on for nearly twelve hours, and I was convinced that it would end me.  I finally fell asleep, but it was fitful because of how hard my heart was pounding. 

Does anyone ever get this symptom, and if so, is there anything that can alleviate it?

@sunflower15 yes, I had these spikes in the past. This needs to be brought to your doctor,s attention right away since it can be serious if not controlled. I was put on medication that helped. Do you have any meds prescribed for these situations, on an as needed basis? If not please contact your doctor and make him/her aware.

I was reading elsewhere on this site about people taking Diazepam with great success for these spikes.  Having said that, I will add that I have been trying to taper off Klonopin, and now strongly suspect that this is causing these symptoms.  I was started on Klonopin last fall and started tapering off in February of this year, due to episodes of agitation and irritability.  It has been nearly three weeks since I stopped and now these symptoms have flared up!  I really suspect that the withdrawal exacerbated these symptoms since I hadn't been having them for a long time.  The trouble is, I have a new doctor who although very nice, is rather prejudiced against Benzoes. I have not been successful finding a doctor who is familiar with POTS/Dysautonomia issues, and who would understand this.  I usually have atypical reactions to most drugs, but with the exception of Klonopin, I do really well with things like Diazepam, Ativan, and Xanax.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, sunflower15 said:

I was started on Klonopin last fall and started tapering off in February of this year, due to episodes of agitation and irritability. 

This may be due to Klonopin but I would like to add that I have hyper-POTS and in times when my adrenaline levels are out-of-whack and I am constantly in overdrive I also experience episodes of irritability and agitation. This also happens after I had a seizure or faint - I was told this is a symptom of cerebral hypoperfusion ( not enough blood flowing to the brain ). I am not sure if this is the case for you but wanted to mention it.