Additional Testing

MeganMN

Hello again! I have been doing better after the Osteopathic treatment, but still have lots of tachycardia with headaches, less dizziness, but still some. Then this weekend we all got the flu and now I am back in the 140's when up.  Made an appointment with an Internal Med doctor who wants to do some additional testing.  He mentioned a n ACTH drum test, some serial cortisol checks, and a 24-hour urine. I was also thinking maybe B12, and wondered if there were any other recommendations. He seems motivated to help me look at other things to make sure there is not some other cause for all of this.  I have also been reading about plasma norepinephrine levels lying and standing and also have read some about serum aldosterone.  Also found some literature on anti-ganglionic acetylcholine receptor antibodies testing.  Wondered what everyone else's thoughts were.

I have tried to get doctors to do the plasma catacholmine testing but they always insist on the urine testing. I have had it done twice and it both came back normal. 

I would have your B12, vitamin D, and iron checked. Low numbers can cause POTS like symptoms. Also thyroid if that hasn't been checked. 

I had a cortisol test done to check for Addison's. Apparently can cause similar symptoms as well. 

I would definitely get any test they are will to run as long as it isn't invasive. POTS is supposed to be diagnosed after everything else is ruled out. 

I am glad you were doing better. Once you get into a routine with dealing with POTS it does make it easier. And of course any kind of stressor causes our bodies to act up, including getting sick. I hope your flu resolves soon. My husband and I suspect our family got it back in January. First time for my husband and me. It was rough. Especially since I had to take care of everybody else. :D