Anyone ever had Failed EkG Results?

Hi all,

Im awaiting an EKG, i was just wondering if anyone has had any failed results. Also is there anything i need to do befor attending. I herd anxiety and panic can cause mis recordings.

As much info as possible on this please, id like to hear some testomonies on EKG exams.

What do you mean by "failed results"? Do you mean abnormal results??

If that's the case, then yes, all my ekg's state that I have sinus tachycardia, t-wave abnormalities, and to rule out possible "lvh", which is an enlarged left ventrical. However sonograms of my heart show no enlargement.

Nina

As for the test, no, there is absolutely nothing you need to do before the test. It is painless, and very simple. They put some small patches on your chest, the patches have wires attached, and that's how they get the readings.

All you need to do is remain quiet and reasonably still, as movement and/or talking, coughing, sneezing will cause them to need to do the test again.

An EKG is absolutely nothing to worry about. The entire thing, from begining to end takes under 5 mintues, including the time to put the patches on and take them off.

Nina