Saltstick vitassium

StayAtHomeMom

I noticed someone mentioned yesterday they take Saltstick vitassium. I did some basic research and it seems wonderful. Has anyone tried it, and what was your experience with it. 

I plan on getting with a few of my doctors this week and see if it is OK for me to try. It is a little pricey. But with my husband's health issues we are having to change things up with low sodium diet at home. I figure this is perfect for upping my salt. And with the cramping I get especially during my menstrual cycle I think my potassium is a little low anyway. 

Thanks in advance for any comments. 

12 hours ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

I noticed someone mentioned yesterday they take Saltstick vitassium. I did some basic research and it seems wonderful. Has anyone tried it, and what was your experience with it. 

I plan on getting with a few of my doctors this week and see if it is OK for me to try. It is a little pricey. But with my husband's health issues we are having to change things up with low sodium diet at home. I figure this is perfect for upping my salt. And with the cramping I get especially during my menstrual cycle I think my potassium is a little low anyway. 

Thanks in advance for any comments. 

It has literally changed my life. Salt pills made me feel terrible and upset my stomach, this has not been an issue at all! I started with one pill at a time just to make sure I could handle it okay, and find that I really only need one at a time except on really bad low BP days (typically around my time of the month).  I can’t recommend them enough

@StayAtHomeMom I used to take several a day but have developed hypertension and have cut down.  I take 2 with 8 oz water before I get up then 1 with breakfast and that’s it.  If I don’t have enough fluids and salt I get tachycardia, sometimes with high BP, sometimes low BP (mostly mornings).  This is very different from when I first got ill 4 years ago.  I also need more in summer.

I looked at these as well, they have just become available in the UK. They are expensive and I already take more sodium and potassium than this in the commercial electrolyte drinks I use, but when I was looking at them I figured out that it would be quite easy to make your own with salt, potassium chloride powder, a weighing scale and empty gelatine capsules, all of which are cheap to buy. Just an idea if you find them helpful but the cost is prohibitive.