Red Neck/Chest

kafie

I was wondering if anyone else has this and if anyone knows why?

I have redness on my upper chest/collar bone area and neck (usually not in the upper center portion though, but the sides all the way up to my ears and jawbone). I've been getting a lot of facial flushing as well.

It doesn't seem to come on with any specific trigger and the redness on my neck is almost always there.

The only thing I can think is vasodilation in the area, but I can't figure out for the life of me why it'd be specifically in that spot and spare the windpipe area).

I might just have to chalk it up to my body being strange or a weird autoimmune symptom.

9 hours ago, kafie said:

I was wondering if anyone else has this and if anyone knows why?

I have redness on my upper chest/collar bone area and neck (usually not in the upper center portion though, but the sides all the way up to my ears and jawbone). I've been getting a lot of facial flushing as well.

It doesn't seem to come on with any specific trigger and the redness on my neck is almost always there.

The only thing I can think is vasodilation in the area, but I can't figure out for the life of me why it'd be specifically in that spot and spare the windpipe area).

I might just have to chalk it up to my body being strange or a weird autoimmune symptom.

Have you seen a doctor or dermatologist about it? I get rashes but not just redness. In fact last week my dermatologist just did a biopsy on my collarbone area. Could your redness be from sun exposure?

1 hour ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

Have you seen a doctor or dermatologist about it? I get rashes but not just redness. In fact last week my dermatologist just did a biopsy on my collarbone area. Could your redness be from sun exposure?

Definitely not sun exposure. I get it all year around and even when I've been inside all day. It doesn't peel or anything like that either - just red (and sometimes hot, especially in my face - so maybe inflammatory in nature? I'm totally not sure).

I ask about the sun exposure because I get it half of the year. If I go outside it will bother me sometimes a week or more. It is kind of a weird thing. Was diagnosised with Polymorphic Light Eruption a few years ago. Mine is itchy and burns when I itch like a sunburn. But is a raised bumpy rash. 

Do you take any medications that could cause redness? Or have hot flashes? Or high BP?

I don't take any medication that should cause redness (plaquenil can cause discoloration, but to my knowledge that's grey/blue - also had this symptom long before I started that medication).

I do get hot flashes (I have PCOS and my hormones are premenopausal), but they don't always coincide.

• 2 weeks later...