TILT TABLE TEST TODAY PASSING OUT

Help4Me

Hi Everyone......so I finally got my tilt table test done today.....I had a bad night with an attack at 3 am of racing heart and shaking etc....TTT was at 8 am.....

my heart rate usually at home goes up to 120 when standing.....on the TTT board It only went up to 85 ...LOL...so after 15 minutes I thought well this test is useless and wont show anything...since I am strapped in that must be why my heart rate is not going up.....well at the 19 minute mark I was chatting happily with the TECH and next thing I know

I can't feel my face, arms, legs, feet etc....and I say to him...what is happening...I don't feel right....he says your BP is dropping.....then I started getting very hot...flushing....like sweats and I was about to pass out....the last reading was like 90/40 or something....they quickly lowered the table....and my blood pressure went back to 140/80 ...I was starting to feel better ......also I was VERY nauseous while in the upright position which I did tell them....once they laid me down the nausea went away.....I was released to go but coudl not really walk right...so they got me a wheelchair to my car......my legs were like rubber....the feeling you would have if you had just run a few miles really fast.....and my insides were shaking for hours after the test........A nurse came in at one point and said that is Orthostatic Hypotension.....what do you all think......why didn't my pulse shoot up like it does at home......and what do you think I will be DX with if anything......Ok thanks for reading and replying.....

Without the raised heart rate they can't diagnosis POTS. Orthstatic hypotension is bad enough though. They may still diagnosis POTS if they have done testing in the office that shows the elevated heart rate. Depends on the data and the doctor. Technicians only have the data they are taking. 

After my first tilt table I felt the same way. Technician said that was not surprising since my heart rate went up to 130 within a few minutes and stayed up like that the whole 45 minutes I was upright. I didn't pass out or get close. Just got really tired like I was zombie walking to bed. After they laid me down everything came back where it should be. Very glad I had a friend take me. It would have sucked to try to drive home afterwards. 

From my understanding POTS and even some of the other dysautonomias can be hard to diagnosis and treat because symptoms can vary so much. Before my diagnosis I was doing a poor man's tilt table at home everyday for a month. There were a few days where my HR only rose 20 bpm. And others it rose as much as 60bpm. I tried to do my testing at the same time everyday and would sometimes add a test when I felt bad. By bringing this data to my PCP she was able to send me to a second opinion cardiologist and that started me on my road. Prior to that my symptoms were all "anxiety and smoking". Smh. 

Do you have any medical conditions that could cause the racing heart? Like thyroid or adrenal issues?

At home I do my own testing and my heart rate ALWAYS without FAIL goes up 50 points when standing for only 5 minutes...I have NO idea why it wouldn't go 

up at the TTT ...I think it is because I was strapped in and was not totally standing on my own.....at home I am not being held up by any straps etc....that is my thinking anyway...I went to a chiropractor yesterday to see if it might help....OMG ...it made things so much worse....my whole side of my left leg was numb last night....and the shakes were worse....I am sure they will say orthostatic hypotension for sure...since when my BP dropped at 19 minute mark I began to pass out..

so we will see what they say....maybe they will say all is fine....at which point I will be very frustrated...because ALL IS NOT FINE......