Medicine woes for POTS & Anxiety

@amycooperThank you for the update - that sounds like a really good thing! I am glad he listened to your concerns. Most SSRI's take a while before they take effect in your body, so - unless you have very bad side effects - you may want to give it a few weeks. Good luck - keep us posted. 

hi. Quick quesiion. How do you know your "panic disorder' isn't really just another symptom of the dysautonomia? is it accompyanied or caused by worrisome thoughts or emotions and that's why you think it's panic and anxiety rather than innapropriate adreneline release because of this wretched beast? (on driving, after I got a few sever bouts with vertigo for a few weeks, i could and can no longer drive on highways or very busy roads. I used to drive 2,800 miles across the country by myself w/o any trouble. I do not consider it an "anxiety" reaction though- something happened to make visual stimulation too stimulating; seems to go along with alot of things being too stimulationg now - but not what i would consider anxiety. )

@amycooperThanks for the update - I am glad he was understanding and I agree - often one med does not work but another of the same group does. And the low dose should be safer for you. Sometimes - if you start that low - you may not feel any difference ( depending on the SSRI it can take up to 6 weeks for the med to start showing results ) and then he may increase the dosage. Don't be afraid if that happens - it means you are tolerating the med and can "graduate" to a more effective dose. And maybe it will be enough for you - you never know. Best of luck!!