serious eye problems ( more than blurry vision)

louis80

I have been disgnosed with pots syndrom more than a year ago. I've always had the same symtoms...However, for the past 6 months i've been having major problems with my eyes. It stared with one of my eye's retina.  It was a light retinal detachment. Then, I started having problem with my view. So, last month I went to see an optpmetrist and ended up with glasses...There seems to be a problem with the muscles of my eyes. I used t have a very good view. never needed glasses...Of course for the past two years I've been having problems with my vision....such has a blurry vision ....etc....

My pots syndrome is due to a concussion....So I am wondering what could be the cause? if it is the cause....the concussion? the pots syndrome?

Has anyone had similar experiences?

thanks!!!

Guest KiminOrlando

You may want to go to an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist. There is a HUGE difference. There is eye involvement with dysautonomia sometimes and likely with concussion. 

I went ot the ophtalmologist last year..But she said it could be  the concussion but most likely  would be due to stress...I live in quebec, and we have something called CSST. IT's a no fault programm that assures you get a salary if you have a work accident....The CSST accpeted my diagnostic, however, my employer is now  contesting  because they say the dysaunotomia is not linked to my work accident....Of course it is....I have all the best doctors  in canada who can testify...but still I cannot be sure of the outcome..and it could lead my family to bankrupcy....So I am trying to prove my dysautonomia as best as I can...so any more symptoms I can prove is going to help me!

Guest KiminOrlando

Oh, Canada... that changes everything. My friend is an Ophthalmologist in the U.S. and because of me, has started recognizing patients with dysautonomia. Before he never really thought much about it, but after researching for me, has found several patients with eye problems that didn't know they had dysautonomia. I get text randomly from him telling me he found another one. There isn't a lot out there about dysautonomia and eyes, but some stuff does happen. Are they sure you have POTS only? Pure Autonomic Failure (PAF) has POTS as a symptom and also the eye problem that you mention. It doesn't mean you have PAF, but it might be worth reporting back to your POTS doctor and letting them know about the eye thing. Can you see a neurologist?

Hi! Yes I did see a neurologist last year....here in canada medecine is not very good when it comes to concussions....I am followed b y a sport physician ( excellent, he is the olympic team doctor), a cardiologist, a neurologist and an internist..... and of course by my family doctor.

I am going to do a bit of reading on PAF as well....

I am amazed by what you are telling me about your friend who is an ophtalmologist...I wish there were more litterature