HR=60s only when BP>140s/80s

p8d

I’ve been diagnosed with hyperadregenic POTS for 3 years.  My BP and HR are all over the place with BP especially increasing to 140s-160s/80-90s during the day.  Generally messing with my fludricortisone dose allows me to keep it around 130-140/80-ish.  I take methyldopa mid day for the norepi surges.  I’ve noticed that recently my HR only stays comfortable in the 60s when my BP is 140s/80s or higher.  My BP dances around excessively based on oral fluid intake so I can usually raise it that high with a liter of water/rehydration salts but not always and not at all recently.  Lately it’s been high HR and high BP which PRN beta blockers only lower BP not HR.  I’m  just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  Any thoughts? I will ask my cardiologist in April when I see him.  Thanks.

Please call the doctor's office ASAP and ask to come in sooner because you're not responding to your medication. It's more than reasonable to ask for a sooner appointment so they can adjust your meds now instead of months from now. When you have a sharp change in your drug reactions is can be worrisome and should be addressed sooner than later if just for your piece of mind, adjusting your meds usually gets you feeling better sooner. Which I hope you do.