Anxiety

Jessica_

21 hours ago, Gregory Mendoza said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection. I've been reading The Cortisol Connection which is basically arguing that the way we live in general is stressing us out and making us sick.  I didn't start searching for a medical diagnosis until after the most stressful year of my life. But then I also think that Ehlers Danlos Syndrome had a lot to do with me developing POTS too. The beauty about meditation is that you can do it at any point for however long you have, if you're at a red light or standing in line at the bank or even doing dishes. The country singer Jewel actually talks about how she does it while raising her kids. You can probably find the video of her talking about it on youtube and she has a website called JewelNeverBroken.  Jason Stephenson has a great youtube channel, as well. His meditations are being put to use in Australian prisons as a way to calm the inmates. 

Wow thank you I will go look it up! I’ve actually never meditated so I don’t know very much about it. I hear so many amazing things that meditation can do so I’m anxious (ha) to start! At this point I would almost try anything.