Bruising?

vepa

Does anyone else bruise ridiculously easily? I feel like every time I look at my legs lately, I have a new bruise. Right now, I can count 9. 3 on my left leg and 4 on my right. And I have no recollection of doing anything to cause them. I'm wondering if this is just another odd dysautonomia related thing or not. 

Actually bruising easily is one of innumerable mast cell activation syndrome/disorder symptoms. When mast cells degranulate one of the many chemicals released is heparin which is a blood thinner. Many people with dysautonomia have a co-existing mast cell disorder. Definitely something worth being evaluated for as much of the treatment is OTC and for some can potentially eliminate or reduce the symptom severity.

http://www.mastattack.org/2014/10/mcas-blood-bone-marrow-and-clotting/

This is basically a condensed down version of Dr. Afrins more comprehensive article. He has written a few books on the subject as well. If you google mast cell activation syndrome or disorder you'll find a lot of information on the subject.

I also bruise SO easily it's ridiculous!  I am almost always anemic, even with iron supplements, which I believe is part of my problem, along with the low blood volume issues that come with my POTS.  But it is interesting that @Psalm 23 brings up mast cell activation syndrome.  I honestly think that I have this as well as the dysautonomia, though I haven't been tested for it.  It does seem like so many people have both!