Is Anyone on Norvasc??

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on the forum.  I was wondering if anyone here is on Norvasc? Awhile ago my cardiologist put me on a small dose of it to keep my blood pressure stable and to also help with the chest pain I get. I was originally put on 5mg once a day and was doing okay with it. But this year the chest pain has gotten way out of control. The pain has been so bad that I end up curling up in a ball crying just waiting for it to go away and it usually takes about 30 mins or so for it to start to calm down. My dr ran more cardiac tests which came back normal. So he doesn't think the chest pain is cardiac related and wants my regular dr to run tests on me to rule out non cardiac conditions.  I strongly disagree with him and think there's something that they are missing. So I asked if we could up my Norvasc a little bit to see if it would help with the chest pain before I have my other dr do anymore tests. Please keep in mind I'm getting ready to have shoulder surgery next month so I don't want to go through more testing before then.

So he agreed to increase the Norvasc to 10mg. And I've been on the new dose to about 2 weeks now.  The good thing it's helping with the chest pain but now my blood pressure is dropping too low and also staying low. It practically takes all day for my blood pressure to go to normal. I'm going to be contacting my dr to give him the update and see want he suggests we do. So has anyone else had this happen to them and was there anything that helped them??

Hello,

I've never been on Norvasc so can't really speak to that, but I've been on the medicine merry go round trying to get symptoms and side effects under control. I always think of that whack a mole game at a carnival where you get one down, then another pops up. My BP is very labile...without florinef I'm 90/60 but with it it can go up to 150/90 then even higher like 180 or so if I'm under a little stress. If I drop the dose, I start passing out again. 

Testing can't hurt to rule out other causes. Can you get a second opinion from another cardiologist? 

I heard back from my cardiologist yesterday and he wants me to go back to the 5mg of Norvasc because of how low my blood pressure has been since we increased it.  For now that's all I can do and just pray that the chest pain will give me a break for awhile.  I wouldn't mind getting a second opinion from another cardiologist, but where I live it's so hard to find one that knows about Pots and understands it, at least some.  And to find a dr who takes it seriously is so hard too. I don't want to go through that kind of stress right now.  I see my regular doctor in October and I'll talk to him about it and hopefully he'll give me some options.  I'm definitely not doing anything before my surgery next month. 

My PCP wants me to try amlodipine (Norvasc) for my hypertension.  I'm currently being titrated off metoprolol because it was causing a bradycardia (or at least contributing to it) and my elevated BP wasn't controlled.  She said it could contribute to orthostatic hypotension.  Not sure how this is gonna play out?