Pots and coronary artery disease

MNsue

I've had Pots for almost 30 years and have recently been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this diagnosis.  Have you been told that fludrocourtisone, ivabridine or Midodrine will increase risk of heart attack?

I am no drug authority but since these drugs are designed to increase blood pressure it is possible that they are not good for someone with severe heart disease.  Some people get very high blood pressure from midodrine when lying down.  Your doctor should investigate and not just tell you he doesn't know. 

You could also talk to your pharmacist.  I agree "I don't know" isn't a reassuring answer.  I have a friend with NCS who had a stroke while on midodrine.  I  don't know the details of her situation.  I think it's good to ask these questions and make sure you are being monitored properly given this additional diagnosis.

• 1 year later...

Hello MNSue,

Given your diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease, you may want to read Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.  It is a diet that has been shown again & again to help people reverse even the most severe cases of Coronary Artery Disease and go on to live long, healthy lives.  It is the book/diet that Bill Clinton has followed to reverse his Coronary Artery Disease.  I hope you read it and it helps.

All the best