Any tips for dizziness and swaying

Hi to all the lovely people out there,

i am struggling very badly with dizziness and swaying when I'm standing any tips or things that have worked for people I am willing to try anything once I start getting dizzy and sway my anxiety kicks in and then my heart rate goes up it's a double edged sword! 

My pulmonogist had me try dramamine to help my dizzies. 1/2 a tablet. It seemed to help me. Then again it may not work for you and I wasn't on any other meds at the time. Ask your doc if it is safe for you to try. Made me a little tired but it helped so that during my few week spells when I get dizzy over silly things like noise I could function. The swaying I got no help on except stay near walls. Hope you feel better soon. Try to stay relaxed.

Maybe a cane? I sometimes use a cane when I know I'm going to be upright or walking a lot. It helps me feel more steady and balanced and gives me something to lean on when I feel like I might be going down. Not sure why but I can walk so much more with it than I can without it.

I second to try using a cane.  I use one occasionally because I have arthritis in my knees and hips.  I get really bad pain when walking long distances and the cane gives me something to lean on when the pain kicks in.  Due to the lithium I take for my illness, I am unable to take Motrin as an anti-inflammatory.  So i have to rely on Tylenol for pain which doesn't always work.  So the cane helps me take the weight off my legs.