Abdominal pressure relieve symptoms???

I was diagnosed with panic disorder way back when.  At the worst of my symptoms, while on a POTS-aggravating medication, I had a service dog.  When I would "panic", I would lie down and my service dog would lay on my abdomen.  It almost instantaneously ended my "panic" symptoms... until I stood up.  While I was a student, I noted my exam scores were much better if, before class, I waited in the hall lying down rather than standing.  I assumed it was the "deep pressure therapy" from my service dog.  I also recall my service dog would press his head down across my thighs when I was in class and my heart would race over 120 bpm and that eased symptoms somewhat.  (That makes sense to me)

In terms of POTS, does abdominal pressure make sense for relieving symptoms?  Is this "a thing"?  

P.S. my service dog weighed about 60 pounds

I checked my heart rate with sitting posture.  Sitting in my typical posture that's somewhere between a squat and fetal position, after 5 minutes my heart rate was 67.  After 5 minutes sitting with "good posture", it was 86.  Interesting how without knowing what was wrong I had stumbled across coping mechanisms!

When I get light headed or feel weird I push my stomach in tight with my hands and the light headedness goes away nearly and I can think better, so yup deffo does something lol.

I'm looking for an abdominal binder to try, there is also a drug called octreotide that pushes blood from the stomach organs back up etc but I try not to be on drugs as much as possible!

I find abdominal compression helpful when I Can tolerate it. Currently using a back brace (because of Osteomyolitis) and have found it helpful in relief of some symptoms because of the pressure on my abdomen. Has also helped some with the daily bloating I have from gastroperesis. Hope you find a what works for you!