PVCs/PACs increasing in frequency

TachyKathy

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has experienced an increase in PVCs/PACs and what the cause was, if known?  I have always had occasional PVCs/PACs, or a cluster of them, but they always self resolve.  However, beginning about 2 days ago, I have had an increased frequency with about 15-30/5 minutes continuously over the 2 days.  They are incredibly distracting and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help resolve them?  I have looked at the list of triggers (eg. caffeine, stress etc.) and am not aware of anything obvious that happened to trigger them.   Could this be from a viral illness?  

My dysautonomia started with heart issues.  During a 24 hour halter monitor I had 17,000 PVC's and PAC's.  Doc tried three meds and we were on the way to ablation, we tried propafenone and they are almost gone.  There are lots of meds that can help, ask a cardiologist.

Welcome to the forum! 

For me, it comes and goes.  I notice them mostly right before my period, so for me there seems to be a hormonal connection.  But I can also go for about a week with significant number of PVCs and PACs before things settle down again.  I have not found anything that really helps much.  In general staying hydrated and rested and avoiding caffiene may help (me) somewhat.  I know it's very bothersome and disturbing.