POTS and Pulled Muscles

BeachLover

Hi!  Frequently I wake up in the morning and pull my calf muscle before I even get out of bed just by moving my leg.  My physical therapist said that this could be caused by an electrolyte imbalance, which is very possible with POTS, especially in the morning since I haven't had liquids during the night.  The pulled muscles are very painful and create significant calf muscle issues which has lead to other problems with my feet.  Also, I have issues with my feet and stomach frequently cramping.    

Has anyone else also struggled with pulled and cramping muscles? Is this part of POTS?  Thank you!  

Welcome BeachLover, like MomtoGiuliana I have leg and foot cramping in evening and early morning. Mine is due to slight electrolyte imbalance. My right calf muscle is always the first to cramp up. 

Just wanted to mention that I just saw in an advertisement today, a cream called "ProCure Epsom salt rub."   It is a pain cream that incorporates the Epsom salts right into it, for those who can't take an Epsom soak.  I also use a product called "Fibro Flex," which is a homeopathic spray marketed for fibromyalgia.   It helps, but is very short-term; but at least it gets some magnesium into your system, as Katybug was saying. 

Guest KiminOrlando

Yes, this happened to me shortly after I started taking Florinef. My cardio told me it was because that med sucks the potassium out of your body and he wrote a script for supplements. He now monitors my potassium levels. It still happens, but to a much lesser degree. I assume it is just dehydration from not drinking as much over night, but I don't really know. It isn't a big enough problem for me to mention to my doctors anymore, but before the potassium supplements, it was a huge problem.

I don't know if you are on florinef or not, or if my experience will help you. I hope you get to the bottom of it. 

Good luck!